do you like paul The angel cake tops them. We do it very similarly, but at the end we gently mix a small amount of flour into the egg whites. This makes the meringue the most tender biscuit in the world. Although it is an extremely simple recipe with few ingredients, there are some laws that must be obeyed as God’s commandments. The smallest sin will not lead you to the feast of angels above the clouds, but to the company of the devil of a collapsed and rubberized sole.
What should you write down for your ear before baking?
First place: baker
It is best to buy an angel baking pan made just for this cookie. It has a core in the center that allows for even baking and flat sides to allow this light biscuit to grow evenly and not intangible. did you read correctly The cookie needs to stick to it so it can grow and not collapse on its own. Therefore, you should not grease it either. No not at all! Not at the bottom.
They must be at room temperature. When we separate them from the yolks we have to be very careful. The tiniest drop of egg yolk fat will prevent the snow from melting properly. Beat until the tops are medium firm, this will allow the egg whites to expand further in the oven and retain enough firmness to prevent collapsing or tearing. At the beginning of the whipping, we add cream of tartar to make the white egg foam more stable.
Spoon the sugar while beating. It is recommended to use a special dessert for baking, as it is less coarse and melts faster.
The flour, further loosened with half the sugar, is sieved three times without hesitation. It has to be really fluffy for the cookie to be the same. It should also be as white as possible and dedicated to cakes.
Turn the baked cake upside down (so it’s best to use an original baking pan that has legs that allow it to stand and cool during this time) and don’t touch it for an hour. Only then will we free him.
- 10 eggs (use only egg whites)
- 110 g special flour for cakes
- 350 g baking sugar
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla paste or vanilla bean seeds
- sweet whipped cream
- a packet of vanilla sugar
- on request fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries…
1. Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift flour, salt and half of the sugar three times.
3. Carefully separate the egg white from the yolk. I suggest killing the eggs in a cup, grabbing the yolks with your fingers, transferring them to another cup and pouring the egg whites into the whisk. Do this with each egg separately to avoid ruining everything together with one clumsily beaten egg.
4. Beat the egg whites on medium speed (4 out of 10). Once foamy, add cream of tartar and continue on medium-high speed (8 out of 10).
5. When the egg whites turn white, add the remaining half of the sugar, spoon by spoon. When you add all the sugar, the whites will be a little glossy and already risen. Beat for another 2 minutes, until the peaks are medium-set (the tip will bend slightly when you dip the whisk into the egg white). Proteins will grow a lot. Finally add vanilla. The whole beating is pretty quick, it only takes a few minutes.
6. Gently mix the flour by hand. First one third, then the remaining two thirds. Pour through a sieve and sieve again.
7. Transfer the biscuit mass to an angel baking pan. Spread evenly and flatten, then dip a thin stick into the biscuit (e.g. for skewers or biscuit baking checks) and use it to roll the mass like a marble cake. We do this to get rid of air bubbles that often cause larger holes in this cookie.
8. Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on the oven. It should be golden brown over the entire surface. Do not open the oven beforehand as the biscuit will collapse immediately.
9. When ready, immediately turn the pan over and wait an hour for it to cool. Then turn it back and separate the rim and bottom of the cookie. We help ourselves with a pastry pallet or a smaller and thinner knife. In my case it came off on its own, I just had to use a knife on the underside.
10. Spread the cake with cream and decorate with flowers.
11. We can offer it just like that, it’s fantastic with strawberries or other fresh fruit.