This soup arose out of the need to consume carrots, because in the meantime they are usually packaged per kilogram and like to stay. Smoked paprika is the icing on the cake, the sweetness of chestnuts, carrots and paprika is a wonderful substance to train the palate to recognize finesse. Very cheap soup!
- 500 grams of carrots
- medium onions
- a large clove of garlic
- spoon of butter
- teaspoon ground smoked paprika (spicy is best)
- 2 l soup base (or 2 organic cubes), salt as required
- 125 g cooked and peeled chestnuts (yes, from the bag)
1. Peel and grate the carrots.
2. In a stockpot, melt the butter, add the chopped onion and sauté. When it turns color, grate a large clove of garlic on a small grater for parmesan cheese and add ground smoked pepper. Stir and fry until garlic is fragrant, then add the grated carrots.
3. Roast the carrots until they soften, but above all caramelize at least a little and stick slightly to the bottom of the pan. Stir a few times, then pour in the water and add the cubes or, even better, the soup base if you have it.
4. Boil briefly – 15 minutes is enough – then puree with a hand blender to a smooth, creamy soup.
5. Add the chestnuts, returning just long enough to heat.
6. Serve with a variety of toppings: Soup balls are a feast and maybe even too much, and sour cream or Greek yogurt is just the thing.
We also recommend: Express quick vegetable soup with spoons
Photo: Chess Masters/Shutterstock